Welcome to VintageWest Magazine.
Our writing guidelines are to promote the best content for our readers.
When you choose to submit a short story or article or poem, use these standards:
- font in Arial 11 point.
- single spaced document in MSWord as an attachment
- PDFs and CDs in format are accepted, and through Google Drive as well
- while poems can be a challenge for layout, entries will be restricted to 40 lines; layout is editor’s option
- photos or graphics with story are encouraged, give credit to photographer / artist
- photos can be full-sized or reduced to Web page values [from megabytes to kilobytes]
- you may title your work, but it may not be locked in by publishing day
- be sure to associate your written submissions with your photographs to avoid losing captions
- you will retain your world and internet media rights. Be sure to read and sign your agreement
- entering a “VintageWest contest” is different than submitting entries to be published
- contests will be open to all writers, previously published in this magazine or not
- submissions will not be paid at this time, however a free one-year subscription can be yours [see Subscribe page]
- if your submission is accepted and you are also an advertiser, a discount of 25% will be offered
- I am flexible with new story ideas and creative content, but I do value my integrity. Censor your content to general audiences.
- if you submit a travel story be sure to check your facts thoroughly, and consider the time frame and season
- if you have questions not covered here, please email me — [email protected]
Thanx for your interest in writing for VintageWest,
Rusty LaGrange — editor/publisher